Love INC is:
- A Strategy to help churches come together to help their neighbours in need
- A Partnership of local churches, that links Christian volunteers and ministries to people in need
- A Movement of Christian churches working together to show God’s Love to those in need
- A Model for implementing Christ-like relational ministries that transforms lives – both those being served and those who serve
- A Method for mobilizing local church congregations to live out the two great commandments of loving God and loving their neighbour
- A Network of affiliates supporting and encouraging each other
- A Collaboration between local churches and their community (agencies, ministries, government, schools) to provide effective help for the disadvantaged
- A Vehicle that helps churches, collectively and individually, fulfill their biblical mandate to reach out to their community
Love INC is the Church:
- Churches Make Love INC
- Churches Do Love INC
- Churches Relate Through Love INC
- Churches Mobilize Through Love INC
- Churches Own Love INC
- Churches ARE Love INC!
Love INC is LOVE In the Name of Christ
WHAT LOVE INC ISN’T
Love INC is not:
- A generic “faith based” organization. We are a Christian based organization. We do not incorporate any non-Christian faith body as a church partner.
- An independent organization that stands apart from the Christian churches, existing on its own with a mandate apart from the local churches.
- A distribution mechanism to deliver goods without engaging in any relationship with recipients.
- An agency. In an agency model, the agency has its independent program, and these programs are executed by some type of staff. In the Love INC model, programs are owned and accomplished by the work of the partner churches. No church involvement/activity = no Love INC. Love INC simply provides the means or infrastructure for churches to execute their program (do their ministry.) Love INC has no independent reason to exist without the partner churches’ active involvement.
- A charity organization. A charity gathers resource in order to execute its program. The charity’s program is usually focused on the need. The goal is to meet or supply a need. Love INC is focused on the person, not on the need. The goal is transformation of all involved (the one serving, the one being served, the church, and the community.) Meeting a specific need is just a way to begin a relationship with the person and allow the Holy Spirit to begin the process of transformation.
- About giving financial assistance. Although Love INC affiliates do provide some financial assistance to individuals in specific cases (an average of 8% of an affiliate’s operating expenses) it is not a core component of who we are or what we do.
- A means to make all Christian churches agree on doctrine, worship or ecclesiology.
- A means to bring churches together to accomplish any mission or project other than the mission of Love INC
- A para-church ministry. Love INC is a partnership of churches, not a partnership with churches. A local Love INC affiliate is not independent of church oversight; rather it is composed of and responsible to the local partner churches of the community. Anyone can start a para-church organization, but only a group of local Christian churches can start a Love INC. For practical purposes Love INC is its own non-profit entity, governed by a board of directors, but a Love INC can only exist if at least 6 local churches (of different denominations) partner together.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
Existing resources operating independently are not adequate to meet current and growing levels of need. In addition, one church alone cannot deal with all the complex issues of poverty. It takes churches working together, across denominational lines, to meet these multifaceted needs. Furthermore, Love INC can do what the others can’t. Agencies, charities and government can provide a safety net to help those in need, but it can’t Love and bring transformation like Love In the Name of Christ can.
The Clearinghouse Ministry mode forms the foundation for all Love INC ministries in all affiliates. Every affiliate begins with the Clearinghouse mode of ministry and every affiliate will always have the Clearinghouse mode no matter what other ministry modes it may develop. All Love INC ministry is built off of the Clearinghouse foundation.
The Love INC Clearinghouse:
- Receives requests for help. A person in need calls the Love INC Clearinghouse with a request(s) for help.
- Assesses the need. Volunteers or staff conducts an intake to examine the nature, extent, and legitimacy of the client’s need.
- Provides help. After the client need(s) is analyzed and verified, the need is referred to the most appropriate Love INC partner church, church volunteer, agency, and/or faith-based organization to provide resources, programs, or services that address the need(s).
- Follows up. Clearinghouse volunteers follow up with the client and volunteer or ministry that provided the assistance. A visit from a pastor or church volunteer is also offered.